Facts and figures
71% men - 52% of initial rehabilitation patients were paraplegics, and 48% tetraplegics. 71% of new spinal cord injuries occurred in men. In 41% of these cases, an accident led to the spinal cord injury, with falls (43%), traffic accidents (34%) and sport (13%) being the most common causes.
Read up on a variety of useful information about the Swiss Paraplegic Group. (in german)
- Zahlen und Fakten Schweizer Paraplegiker-Stiftung (PDF, 49.0 KB)
- Facts and figures - Swiss Paraplegic Centre (PDF, 550.1 KB)
- SPG-Imagebroschüre (PDF, 617.4 KB)
- Leistungsfelder-Schweizer-Paraplegiker-Gruppe (PDF, 1.49 MB)
- Handicap-Knigge (PDF, 198.6 KB)
- Wichtigste Unfallursachen von Querschnittlähmungen (PDF, 1.24 MB)
- Festschrift zum Jubiläum 2015 (PDF, 2.26 MB)
19.4 million Swiss francs - The Benefactors' Association has paid 3.9 million Swiss francs to members who have recently been in accidents. In addition, the Swiss Paraplegic Foundation has approved over 1,000 requests for direct aid, paying out 15.5 million Swiss francs in aid payments. 28% of all membership fees were used for this purpose.
10,930 visitors - 180 in-house tour guides from all hierarchy levels and departments offered 10,930 visitors a first-hand look at our network of services during guided tours through our specialised clinic.