Clinical neuropsychology is primarily concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of consequences arising from organic damage to the brain, in relation to cognitive functions as well as the mental state of individuals.
Cognitive functions include the following:
- Learning and memory
- Executive functions (e.g. planning, problem solving, action control, etc.)
- Linguistic and mathematical skills
- Social cognition
What we offer
Range of Neuropsychology services
- Neuropsychological diagnosis of the effect from known or suspected damage to the brain in relation to thought, experience, and behaviour, for inpatients and outpatients
- Planning and implementing individual treatment measures, taking into account tried and tested neuropsychological treatment methods for improvement in individual functional areas
- In addition to the improvement of neuropsychological dysfunctions, treatment also takes into account the personality, strategies for managing the illness, and the social environment of the patient
- Providing consultancy, clarification, and support to the interdisciplinary treatment team, and the patient and their social environment during inpatient rehabilitation, and during psychosocial, academic and professional reintegration; also in an outpatient context
- Assessing fitness to drive from a neuropsychological perspective (surveying cognitive requirements)
- Dementia assessment
- Creating reports for insurance and other purposes
Outpatient services are charged for in accordance with the neuropsychological tariff pursuant to the current tariff agreement between H + Die Spitäler der Schweiz (The Hospitals of Switzerland) and the Schweizerische Vereinigung der Neuropsychologinnen und Neuropsychologen (Swiss Association for Neuropsychologists) (service provider) as well as disability insurance, insurers pursuant to the Federal law and accident insurance, and the Bundesamt für Militärversicherung (Federal Office for Military Insurance). A medical prescription is required for Neuropsychology.