Social, job and career counselling
With rehabilitation comes a fresh start to life, or the return to a previous way of life but with all new conditions. Social and professional integration (or reintegration) therefore play an extremely important role in the rehabilitation process.
An illness or accident can completely change the lives of the people affected, the members of their family and their caregivers. It gives rise to a number of practical questions which need to be addressed.
We counsel, accompany and assist patients and their relatives in both inpatient and outpatient settings, working together to devise solutions that work best for everyone. Our greatest asset is the interdisciplinary teamwork we practice in both inpatient and outpatient situations. At the SPC, patient privacy and data protection are of the utmost importance.
Our counselling services
Personal and family life
Counselling geared towards personal needs and the concerns of patients, relatives and caregivers
Assistance getting used to a new everyday reality (e.g. what needs to get done at home, etc.)
- Development of an everyday plan for the future
- Maintenance and reinforcement of personal and social resources
- Financial security
- Securing and enforcement of benefit claims of all types of insurance
- Guidance and assistance during negotiations with insurance companies
- Help understanding the costs of aids, reconstruction requirements and emergency situations
- Application for benefactor payments, welfare benefits, etc. Law
- Assistance with legal matters (family, occupational, tenancy, child and adult protection, e.g. healthcare proxy, etc.)
- Establishment of powers of attorney, confirmations of signature, etc.
- Social security related questions
Accompaniment by legal experts (if necessary), especially with regard to questions of liability
- Help with the search for private accommodation and/or assisted-living facilities (shared flats, care institutions, interim housing, rehabilitation centres, etc.)
Care and treatment after hospitalisation
Initial contact, scheduling and administration of planning meetings with nurses, caregivers, aid organisations, institutions, special counselling centres, internal and external specialists, etc.
Securing and enforcement of benefit claims of all types of insurance
Guidance and assistance during negotiations with insurance companies
Social counselling brochure
Job and career counselling
Our career advisors help patients with the development of custom action plans, whether they wish to enter the mainstream workforce or prefer working in a protected environment.
Shortly after being admitted for a spinal cord injury, patients will be offered an assessment of their professional goals.
Job and career counselling services
- CV creation
- Determination of the patient’s current professional situation
- Review of past jobs and their physical constraints
- Meetings with the patient’s current employer
- Job training with mock work situations
- Job search assistance
- In conjunction with re-education:
Individual job and career counselling (tests for determining skills, interests and potential)
- Close collaboration with the interdisciplinary team (social counselling, medical and therapeutic services)
- Coordination with ParaWork teachers and coaches to create a strategy that fits the specific career expectations of each patient
The main objective is to work with employers and social security authorities to develop a sustainable, realistic and personalised integration proposal.
Our team is made up of 13 skilled professionals with experience in social work and job/career counselling, and one vocational training specialist.
We have been trained in a number of specialised fields, including psychology, social security, immigration issues, mediation, counselling techniques, case management, the protection of adults, welfare, etc.
We are familiar with the peculiarities of all relevant rules and regulations. We keep abreast of changes to social security insurance and other legal entities, and notify you accordingly.
German, French, Italian, English, Spanish, Dutch and other languages with assistance by translators and interpreters.
All our specialists are legally bound to protect the confidentiality of patients. Social workers must also respect AvenirSocial’s professional code of ethics.