In our work we focus on the provision of a needs-based diet for special requirements. The importance of an adequate diet should not be underestimated in initial rehabilitation and in the event of a wide array of complications.
Indications for nutritional therapy or counselling
Initial rehabilitation (change to body composition and energy needs)
Undernourishment, malnutrition and malnourishment
- Pressure sores, wound healing disorders
- Swallowing difficulties
- Enteral nutrition (artificial nutrition via a probe), parenteral nutrition (artificial nutrition directly into the bloodstream)
- Optimisation of bowel management function
- Obesity, overweight / weight management
- Metabolic disorders (diabetes mellitus, hypercholesterolemia, hyperuricemia)
- Disorders of the digestive system (e.g. reflux, gastritis, intestinal inflammation, stomas, haemorrhoids)
- Kidney diseases
- Food allergies and intolerances (e.g. lactose intolerance, coeliac disease)
You must register with a doctor; talk to your usual doctor if you want a discussion with Nutritional Counselling.
Contents Nutritional Counselling
Nutritional therapy is aligned to current and scientifically substantiated nutritional medicine. The focus is on detailed discussion with the clarification of questions, requirements and options, as well as an individual nutrition plan. Devised measures are reviewed on an ongoing basis throughout the rehabilitation stay and adapted to changing circumstances. We have access to various devices that gauge the patient’s basic metabolic rate and body composition.
Intervention takes place in consultation with doctors, nursing staff and, where necessary, the Speech Therapy department. The nutritional counsellors also work closely with the catering staff.
We are also available for outpatient care for paralysis-related problems (see above). The SVDE order (official prescription form) must be issued by a doctor, with the costs covered by health insurance if indicated.
If you would like further care following inpatient hospitalisation, we can organise a transfer to a specialist unit near you, if required.