Individual nutritional counselling and therapy
The specialised team of nutritional counsellors advises and treats patients with all kinds of complications and disorders associated with spinal cord injuries and various neurological disorders.
The patients’ medical records and individual lifestyle habits are central to any treatment. With our expert knowledge, we provide support and practical recommendations during the rehabilitation process as well as afterwards.
The Swiss Paraplegic Centre (SPC) set up its Nutritional Counselling department in 2002. This department focuses on our patients’ nutrition and quality of life. Over time, we have expanded the team, as well as our specialist knowledge and experience.
We apply scientific principles in our everyday work, as well as broadening our knowledge in the area of spinal cord injuries and nutrition through regular participation in research projects. One example of this is the special screening tool for detecting malnutrition. We regularly use this with inpatients who have spinal cord injuries, for the early detection of nutritional deficiencies and malnutrition.
The team is made up of three qualified nutritional counsellors and one student (Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics) in the final year of her studies.
What we offer
You may also be interested in
- Verordnung zur ambulanten Ernährungsberatung (Prescription for outpatient nutritional counselling)
- Kostengutspracheformular für enterale Ernährung und Trinknahrung (Confirmation of insurance coverage for enteral nutrition and liquid food
- Schweizerischer Verband diplomierter Ernährungsberater/-innen (Swiss Association of Nutritional Counsellors)
- Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Ernährung (Swiss Society for Nutrition)
- Gesellschaft für Klinische Ernährung der Schweiz (Society for Swiss Nutrition Clinics)
- Praxis für Ernährungsberatung in Gesundheit und Sport (Nutritional Counselling Practice for Health and Sports)