Plein Soleil Outpatient Paraplegia Service
The Plein Soleil Outpatient Paraplegia Service is the fruit of a joint project between the Institution de Lavigny and the Swiss Paraplegic Foundation, aimed at improving neuromuscular rehabilitation in Switzerland. Thanks to this service, patients with spinal cord injuries can benefit from comprehensive outpatient care and monitoring at facilities near their homes.
The Plein Soleil Outpatient Centre is a key part of the Vaud Neurorehabilitation Network, whose goal is to assist with the rehabilitation of patients affected by various forms of brain injuries.
Recognised by insurance companies, the healthcare centre offers a wide and varied range of services which can be combined to meet the specific needs of each patient.
Our service professionals focus their attention on the individual needs of patients, offering treatment plans that cover all aspects of spinal cord injuries. In addition to the recovery of lost functions, special care is taken to help patients become re-integrated into their social and working lives.
Emphasis is placed on the evaluation, treatment and outpatient therapy of patients with spinal cord injuries, or who suffer from complex neurological disorders:
- rehabilitative medical exams and evaluations
- organisation and coordination of tests by specialists
- therapeutic evaluations
- creation of an interdisciplinary therapeutic project in close collaboration with patients and their loved ones
- auxiliary aids - recommendations, evaluation and adaptation
- caregiver training
- assistance facing social issues (in partnership with the ASP, FSP and other institutions)
Designed to help patients maintain or re-establish an optimal standard of living, our paraplegia consultations take a multidisciplinary approach (evaluation, diagnosis, follow-up, recommendations) while addressing:
- rehabilitative medicine
- occupational therapy
- speech therapy
Patients with decubitus
The Paraplegia Outpatient Consultation Team also offers treatments created especially for patients with decubitus sores, drawing from all the latest methods, and following the guidelines of a special collaboration with the Cosmetic Surgery Services at the University Hospitals of Basel and Lausanne and the Outpatient Care Service at the Swiss Paraplegic Centre.
The consultation also includes:
- an evaluation of professional aptitude, and recommendations formulated in collaboration with employers, insurance companies and the Institute for Vocational Guidance at the Swiss Paraplegic Centre Nottwil
- special outpatient physiotherapy for patients with spinal cord injuries or neuromuscular diseases
- respiratory education and therapy
- outpatient occupational therapy, adaptation of auxiliary aids and wheelchairs (including instructions)
- speech therapy
- housing and workplace assessments, home-based counselling throughout all of Switzerland
- tips on ergonomics-related issues
- adaptation of wheelchairs, seat cushions and other auxiliary aids
- nutritional counselling
- If necessary, the consultation also provides for the monitoring and coordination of x-rays and lab tests.
It is vital that all professionals involved in the treatment process communicate and work as a team, in order that patients may receive solutions that are best adapted to their own particular needs. Such teamwork ensures everyone is on the same page, and able to provide quick, efficient and straightforward care.
The Plein Soleil Paraplegia Outpatient Consultation Team works closely with:
- attending physicians (for exams, treatments, recommendations and reports)
- home-based care/ParaHelp
- nurses and caregivers
- It also collaborates with:
- the Swiss Paraplegic Centre Nottwil
- other paraplegia institutions in French-speaking Switzerland
- the Swiss Paraplegics Association (SPA)
- and many other associations
ParaHelp (customised, home-based care throughout all of Switzerland; community care training and instruction on the main points surrounding the treatment of people with spinal cord injuries; support and assistance for families; evaluation of patients’ situations in their homes)
Swiss Paraplegics Association (service and tips for the management of everyday life situations; service and recommendations for wheelchair sport; SPA offer available throughout all of Switzerland)
Monday to Thursday
8 - 11:30 am
1:30 - 4:30 pm
8 - 11:30 am
1:30 - 4 pm
Closed on Saturday and Sunday
Werden Sie jetzt Mitglied und erhalten Sie im Ernstfall CHF 250'000 Gönnerunterstützung.