Wheelchair Seating Centre
The objective of the Wheelchair Seat Centre is to implement preventive and corrective measures to avoid complications and/or rectify them as far as possible..
An interdisciplinary team consisting of occupational therapists, physiotherapists, orthopaedic technicians and specialists in spinal cord medicine work in the Wheelchair Seating Centre (RSZ). The team is specialised in treating inpatients and outpatients with complex issues relating to wheelchair seats, such as poor posture, scoliosis, asymmetries, pressure sores, and pain. The SPC treatment concept forms the basis for the RSZ. Through our work, we contribute to maintaining the best possible quality of life for patients, on an individualised basis. The objective is to implement inventive and corrective measures to avoid complications and/or to rectify them as far as possible.
- Detailed findings in accordance with ICF (International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health)
- Prevention of malposition through the early optimisation of the patient’s seating position
- Correction of malposition through the adaptation of seating provision
- Adaptation, assessment and new provision of aids (wheelchairs, seat cushions, and special backs)
- Customised seating provision using seating shells and back shells with a user-specific impression created using a vacuum
- Training and advanced training for specialists
As a rule, therapeutic services are charged for – based on the relevant tariff – by the basic insurance offered by the medical health insurance company, accident insurance, or the IV; see the costs for outpatient occupational therapy and physiotherapy.
Administration office hours
Monday to Thursday:
8 am to midday
1 pm to 5 pm
8 am to midday
1 pm to 4 pm